Voluntary Replacement Program for certain Battery Packs in Toshiba Notebook Computers
the original article come from https://batterycheck.toshiba.com/?region=TEG&country=IL&lang=en
On January 28th, 2016, Toshiba Corporation Japan (“Toshiba”) announced a voluntary replacement program with respect to certain battery packs used within certain Toshiba business and consumer notebook computers shipped between June 2011 and November 2015. Potentially affected battery packs were sold with new Toshiba notebook computers, as accessories or used as replacement batteries in the course of repair. In isolated cases, potentially affected battery packs might overheat and could pose a potential burn or fire hazard risk. Toshiba is offering a free replacement for potentially affected battery packs.
If the voluntary replacement program applies to your battery pack, as a precautionary measure, please turn off the notebook and remove the battery pack immediately. You can continue using and powering your notebook computer with your AC adapter power supply until you receive a replacement battery pack.
- How to check if your battery pack is affected and request a replacement battery
- Click here to download a utility that will check if your battery is affected
- or Click here to manually check if your battery is affected
- For additional information, please contact Toshiba Customer Support
- Battery pack and PC models that may be affected by this announcement
- Click here to view a list of Battery pack and PC models